Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolution 2014

That time of the year when resolutions are being made and I've been thinking of a couple for myself. Next year I want to put more effort in to growing Sparrow Lyn, make more art, lose 10 kgs to get to my BMI and the list goes on..........

Something I read on Austin Kleon's blog:

Here’s Richard Walker in Twenty-Four Hours A Day:
Anyone can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the battles of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness for something that happened yesterday or the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us therefore do our best to live but one day at a time.
Austin says to break it down into something smaller you can manage......A DAILY GOAL, something you can get to early morning or late at night, carve time out in a 24 hour day for that one thing. I think I can do that.......it sounds more manageable and I am going to use his 'X' daily calendar to help me, and so my New Year's Resolution is:

something small, every day

If you are someone who is pulled in many different directions, this article will give you some clarity. You can read the rest of the article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment